Support our community. Take the pledge to help Des Plaines businesses survive and thrive during this challenging time.
Now more than ever we need to work together and support our local businesses to help them survive. Pledge to shop locally to assist Des Plaines business owners and their families.
Take the Pledge
Sign the change.org pledge to support local Des Plaines businesses.
We have compiled links to resources for local businesses.
Share your favorite Des Plaines Businesses on Social Media using #ShopDesPlaines
Join the Facebook Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/227437951828174
This interactive map provides information about restaurants throughout the city of Des Plaines, including the ability to filter by “outdoor dining” and “delivery” options.
The Des Plaines Chamber of Commerce has created a video series which highlights local businesses throughout the city.
COVID-19 Safety While Supporting Local Businesses
Region 10 Illinois (suburban Cook County) is currently in Tier 1 of COVID-19 Mitigation. Wear a mask, watch your distance, and wash your hands while supporting local businesses.
Restaurants and bars:
- Indoor dining is limited to 25 guests or 25% maximum capacity
- Indoor and outdoor dining must have tables 6 feet apart, no more than 6 people per table, and one party per table
- All bars and restaurants close at 11pm and open no earlier than 6am
- No congregating indoors or outdoors before or after dining or at bar counters
- No more than 50% capacity in the store, including groceries and pharmacies
- Encourage delivery and curbside pickup
- Promote quick and efficient indoor shopping
Recreation, theaters, and fitness centers
- Casinos, gaming centers, and theaters are open for up to 50 guests or 50% capacity
- Museums can operate with guests <25% of the capacity limit
- Outdoor activities are permitted up to 20% capacity
- Live-streaming performances is encouraged with social distancing of performers and minimal operation staff
- Fitness centers can operate at <50% capacity